Planning A Visit
The State Capitol building is open to the public Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. excluding some holidays. To make arrangements for a guided tour of Legislative Hall, please contact the Reservation Desk at 302-739-9194. Please note, that anyone entering the building must go through the security checkpoint located on the West Side Entrance of the building which faces the Legislative Mall.
Tour Information and Hours
Tours are available Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and on the first Saturday of each month and holidays 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Legislative Hall is closed on New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- For more details about Capitol tours, contact the Capitol Tour Information Desk at 302-739-9194.
- There is no charge for Capitol tours.
- Walk-in tours are welcome but are limited to staff availability.
For your convenience while visiting the Capitol, the guidelines below have been established for during the legislative session and after session.
- Visitors should keep in mind that this is a working Capitol.
- Cameras are allowed in the Capitol tour area but not in the Chambers when the Legislature is in session.
- Capitol Police will strictly enforce all safety and security guidelines.
- Visitors are asked to turn off or disable your cell phones during the tour.
Parking is available in the Delaware Public Archives, the Tatnall Building, and the Delaware Federal Credit Union lots. Handicapped parking and handicapped access are located on the east side of the building. If you need directions, please visit our Hours and Directions page.
Visiting the Capitol
Visitors to the Capitol during session must use the west door.
Due to security measures currently in place at the Capitol it is advisable to leave all personal items in your vehicle. Everyone visiting the Capitol will be asked to provide a government issued picture idendtification card to be issued a visitors tag.
Please be advised, there is no smoking permitted on any state grounds or state facility, including vaping.
A KIOSK is located in the main lobby
The cafeteria is located on the ground floor of Legislative Hall. It is open on legislative session days, and during the Joint Finance and Bond Hearings. Hours are approximately 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.rn.
Seating s limited. Vending machines are located outside of the cafeteria. Joint Finance and Bond Committee Hearings are televised in the cafeteria.
Restroom facilities are located on all three floors. All public facilities are handicapped accessible.