|Welcome to the Delaware General Assembly’s Legislative Library. The library is located on the ground floor of Legislative Hall and is non-partisan, with the primary function of serving the Legislators and their staff. As time allows, research assistance is given to the general public and state agencies.
The library has a small seating area and two public computers with internet access that are to be used for legislative research.
Regular hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm. During session, the library stays open until the House and Senate recess.
Overview of Materials in the library
*items may not be checked out*
As the purpose of the library is to provide reference materials to the legislators, the library collection includes any resource that may be of value to legislators and their staff. This includes information for legal and legislative research, along with general reference material.
- Original Bills back to 1973
- Session Laws from the 1700’s
- Delaware Code (1852, 1915, 1935, 1953, and current)
- Senate and House Journals
- Committee Minutes beginning with the 146th GA
- Rosters and State Manuals
- Delaware Reporter
- Executive Orders from Governor Castle through the current Governor
- Governor's vetoes from the 129th GA through the current GA
- Attorney General’s Opinions
- Advisories from the 132nd GA through the current GA
- Calendars from the 125th GA through the current GA
- Task force reports
- Books on the history of Delaware
- Delaware Constitutional Debates, 1897
- Folk on the Delaware General Corporation Law
Other available Resources
- Uniform Commercial Code Law Letter
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Atlantic Reporter
- American Jurisprudence
- Shepard’s DE citations
- Statutory Construction
- Words and Phrases
- Uniform Laws Annotated
List of periodicals
- Delaware State News
- The News Journal
- Delaware Today
Email the librarian, Sara Zimmerman
, with questions, keeping in mind that no legal advice or interpretation of the Code can be given.
411 Legislative Avenue
Dover, DE 19901